Ceylon Lodge to Kalpitiya:
Best Ways to Travel from Negombo to Kalpitiya for an Epic Kite Trip
If you’re eager to embark on an exciting kite trip to Kalpitiya, one of the most picturesque destinations on Sri Lanka’s west coast, you’ll probably be wondering about the most convenient ways to get there from Ceylon Lodge to Kalpitiya. Kalpitiya offers a kiteboarding paradise that’s worth the journey.
To help you plan your trip effectively, we’ve outlined all the travel options available for making the journey from Negombo to Kalpitiya.
Where to Start Your Journey?
- Begin your journey with Ceylon Lodge Airport Transit Hostel.
- Ceylon Lodge is a village, budget-friendly hostel located 10 minutes away from Bandaranaike International Airport and 10 minutes away from Negombo town.
- There’s a bus stop right next Ceylon Lodge and, an ATM, super market and restaurants within a 5 minutes walk.
- Take the 242 bus from Ceylon Lodge to Negombo terminal (100 Rupees per person).
- From Negombo terminal, take the Puttlam bus.
- Get off at ‘Palavi town’ (5 Km before Puttlam).
- Once, in Palavi town take the bus to Kalpitiya.
- From Negombo terminal to Kalpitiya it will cost you arPound 300 Rupees.
- Take the 242 bus from Ceylon Lodge to Negombo train station (Ticket cost will be 100 Rupees per person).
- Take the train to Palavi town from Negombo.
- From Palavi station, take the bus to Kalpitiya.